Charlie Moreno - Web Developer
Web Design and Hosting
If this is your first website, I recommend you read Getting Started. Ask yourself these questions when planning a website:
- What is my budget?
- Do I want readers to be able to interact with the website?
- Do I want fancy animations to keep the visitors interested?
- What is the purpose of the website?
- What is more important to me? Graphics or function ability?
- Will I want to maintain the site myself or pay for updates?
Remember that the more complex the website, the more complex it is to maintain it. Even with tutorials on web design I always recommend that my clients pay for maintenance for at least the first month or so. In that time you can practice on a practice section of your website until you feel comfortable editing your website's public pages. Prices do not include updates or hosting. Please see my hosting page for more information on that.
- Basic website with a simple image banner, roughly 3 pages and no contact forms, photo galleries, or animations. $100 & up
- Custom graphics such as roll over effects, animated banners, buttons, etc. $30 per hour.
- Custom Programming for contact forms, databases, php, flash animation, custom programming for server side programs (see below). $30-$50 per hour.
- Installing server side programs such as Ecommerce sites, photo galleries, guestbooks, calendars, etc. $50 (Does not include customization to match your website's look. For customization please see Custom Graphics above.)
- Security such as encrypting email addresses to reduce spam, turn off directory indexing, hot linking, redirect spambot/spider crawlers $50
- Search Engine Optimization can vary depending on your budget. I can create the standard robots.txt file to help search engines index your site. Other features may include: site mapping, search engine submission, metatags, and many other professional SEO techniques. $30-$3000